Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In this cycle, you finish up Ikana region and do a couple sidequests.
- Play Inverted Song of Time.
- Withdraw 160 rupees from the bank.
- Go to the Bomb Shop and buy 10 bombs and a Powder Keg.
- Go to the Trading Post and buy 10 Deku Nuts.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to Southern Swamp.
- Buy 5 Magic Beans from the Deku here (you must be in Deku form).
- Go to the pool near the Swamp Shooting Gallery and catch a fish.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to Mountain Village.
- Go to the area with Tingle and shoot the ice around a hole with a Fire Arrow.
- Take the Hot Spring Water here. The next part must be done quickly so this won't cool.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to Ikana Canyon.
- Go to the well in the northwest corner of the map. Jump down (don't climb) and roll so you don't get hurt. Go through the giant black doorway here.
Beneath the Well
- Put the Gibdo Mask on and talk to the Gibdo to the east. Give it your five Magic Beans. Enter the door it was guarding.
- Once again, talk to the Gibdo to the far east of the room. Give it your 10 Deku Nuts. Enter the door it was guarding.
- Yet again, go to the Gibdo on the east side. Give it your Hot Spring Water. Enter the door it was guarding.
- Play Epona's Song for the cow for some milk. Leave the room.
- Talk to the Gibdo to the north. Give it your 10 Bombs. Enter the door it was guarding.
- Kill the Big Poe and trap it in a bottle. Leave this room and then go west.
- Talk to the Gibdo to the north. Give it your fish. Enter the door it was guarding.
- Talk to the Gibdo to the north. Give it your Big Poe. Enter the door it was guarding.
- Talk to the sole Gibdo here. Give it your milk. Enter the door it was guarding.
- Light the torches with Fire Arrows. Open the chest that appears for the Mirror Shield.
- Reflect light onto the sun symbol and sun block. Climb up the ladder that appears and leave.
- Climb up the ladder here and enter the Ancient Castle of Ikana.
Ancient Castle of Ikana
- As soon as you enter equip the Garo Mask, Gibdo Mask, or Captain's Hat. The ReDeads will start dancing. Optionally kill them for some quick cash.
- On the east side of the northwest pillar, there is an eye encased in ice. Shoot it with a Fire Arrow. Enter the door that opens.
- Put the Deku Mask on and hit the crystal switch in the room. Part of the floor will rise up. Run past some Deku Flowers, and when you reach the fourth one, go in. When the floor comes down go up, drop down, go back in, and fly up to a platform with a switch. Press it down.
- Shoot the crystal switch on either side and go through the eastern door.
- Immediately take out your bow and shoot Skulltulas forward and to your left (stand on the southeast corner of the platform to see them, as they are behind a pillar).
- Fly behind the pillar where the first Skulltula was and use the Lens of Truth to see a platform to the northwest leading to a switch. Jump to the switch and press it.
- Jump across platforms to the eastern door.
- Immediately hold your shield up, as there are some Bubbles here. Get rid of them and climb some stairs, then head through the door.
- Jump on a piece of rubble forward and to the right. From here, climb onto the border of the castle. Walk to the front and jump onto a platform with a Deku Flower.
- Fly to a switch forward and to the left. Press it to move a block, revealing a hole.
- Jump north to another Deku Flower. Fly back to the other Deku Flower and land. Use this Deku Flower to get back on top of the building.
- Go to the northwest corner and shoot a crystal switch. Then jump to a pillar with a Deku Flower on top.
- Use this Deku Flower to fly to another Deku Flower. Use this one to fly to a pillar with Piece of Heart #38/52.
- Re-enter the castle. Kill the ReDeads the same way you did last time and this time, shoot the eye on the southeast pillar with a Fire Arrow. Go through the southern door.
- Shine light on the Floormaster, then on the small Floormasters. Then shine light on the sun block and kill the ReDeads. Go through the door.
- Kill the Wizzrobe (Ice Arrows are effective). Equip the Gibdo Mask, Garo Mask, or Captain's Hat before going through the door. Kill the ReDeads here and go up the stairs, then go through the door.
- Find the large cracked area and place your Powder Keg there. Drop down the hole there (make sure you have one of the undead masks on).
- Shine light on the sun block, then go through the door.
- Fight Igos' Servants, then Igos du Ikana himself.
- Learn the Elegy of Emptiness.
- Leave the castle and head to Stone Tower.
Stone Tower Temple Part 1
- Climb Stone Tower using the Elegy of Emptiness to hold down switches (remember, you can hold down up to three switches at a time by using your Goron and Zora forms) and the Hookshot. Once you reach the top, slash the Owl Statue and head into the temple.
- Shoot the eye switch on the left eye of the big face-like thing in front of you. Open the chest that appears for your 1st Stray Fair. Then go through the door to the left.
- Bomb the wall in front of you. Roll into one of the large boxes, pick up a crate, and leave it on a blue switch.
- Walk down the hall to another blue switch and play the Elegy of Emptiness on it.
- Go to a large blue switch and play the Elegy of Emptiness on it in Goron form.
- Find a final blue switch and play the Elegy of Emptiness on it in Zora form.
- Notice the two odd-colored parts of the ground. Bomb the one without grass on it. Go down the stairs.
- Shine light on a sun block. Also, Hookshot to a Hookshot target up and to your right.
- Open the chest for you 2nd Stray Fairy.
- Jump down again and use the Goron form to go through the lava.
- On the other side of the lava, open the chest for the Dungeon Map.
- Kill four Armos (two in the lava, two near the chest you just opened) and open the chest that appears for a small key.
- Go back up the stairs and go through the locked door.
- Use the Zora form and swim to a small underwater entrance. Let yourself be grabbed by the Dexihand and tossed on a ledge. Open the chest for a small key.
- Swim through a tunnel to a large underwater area. Behind some mines, there is a switch that you must press. After that, surface.
- Shoot an ice-covered eye above an arch with a Fire Arrow.
- Shine light onto a mirror. Then go forward and reflect the light now reflected by the mirror (I know it doesn't make sense) on the sun block. Open the chest here for the Compass. The door here is just a shortcut back to the entrance. (If it is currently 8:30 p.m. or later, skip to "Night 1" and come back through this shortcut instead of where it tells you to come back.)
- Go through the locked door on the other side of the bridge. Punch the blocks in front of you and shine light on the northeastern-most sun switch.
- Shine light on the right-side mirror, then to a sun block. Open the chest inside for your 3rd Stray Fairy.
- Open the chest that appeared from the sun switch for your 4th Stray Fairy.
- Go back to the light and shine light to the left side mirror, to another mirror, and finally to a sun block. Go through the door.
- Drop down into the lava in Goron form and pound a switch. Quickly Goron roll to a switch and step on it. Go back to the other switch and climb a ladder.
- Fly to the first air vent, then left to a ledge with rupees. Open the chest for your 5th Stray Fairy.
- Fly around the room and to the ledge in the southwest corner of the room. Once you reach it, open the chest for your 6th Stray Fairy. Go through the door.
- Kill the Garo Master and get the Light Arrows. Head through the southern door.
- Go through the southern door. Kill the Eyegore and open the chest that appears for your 7th Stray Fairy.
- Go through the door, which leads back to the entrance. Shoot the sun switch with a Light Arrow. Then leave.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to Clock Town. Depending on how many rupees you got from the ReDeads, you may wish to deposit so you'll have an empty wallet.
- Go to North Clock Town and prevent Sakon from robbing the Old Lady from the Bomb Shop.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go back to Stone Tower.
Stone Tower Temple Part 2
- Shoot the red switch that looks like a scarab to flip the temple upside down. Re-enter.
- Open the chest for your 8th Stray Fairy. Go through the door to the east.
- Shoot the sun block with a Light Arrow. Continue to a Deku Flower.
- Fly forward to a chest. Open it for your 9th Stray Fairy.
- Fly to a platform to the east and play the Elegy of Emptiness on the blue switch there. Also, shoot a sun switch to the south with a Light Arrow.
- Fly to the top southern platform and open the chest for your 10th Stray Fairy.
- Jump down to the bridge and go through a tunnel to press a switch. Go back on the bridge and open the chest that appeared for a small key.
- Fly up to a platform in the northwest corner. Enter the door.
- Shoot the red switch. Walk through the lava in Goron form, go right up to the switch, and shoot it again. Head through the door.
- Shoot the red switch.
- Drag the block three squares west. Shoot the red switch again.
- Drag the block seven squares south. Shoot the red switch again.
- Push the block three squares west. Shoot the red switch again.
- Push the block two squares west. Shoot the red switch again.
- Go up the western ramp. Shoot the red switch again. Go through the door.
- Kill the Wizzrobe. Hookshot up to the chest that appears. Open it for your 11th Stray Fairy. Go down the stairs.
- Fly to the other side, then use the Deku Flower here to fly to a southern entrance.
- Go to the southernmost point and play the Elegy of Emptiness on the blue switch.
- Go to the chest and open it for a small key. Go back to the main area of the room with the poes and Deku Flowers and go through the eastern door.
- Go south and through the door. Jump to the switch and press it. Go back through the door.
- Shoot some mines so they explode. Fly north, then take the Deku Flower here to go east. Go through the door.
- Go down the hallway and kill the Bubbles. Go through the door.
- Kill Gomess and take the Boss Key. Play the Song of Soaring to go back to the entrance.
- Hookshot to the chest that Tatl flies to. Go through the door.
- Kill the Eyegore. Open the chest that appears for the Giant's Mask (Mask #19/24). Go through the door.
- Hit the crystal switch. Play the Song of Soaring.
- Go outside and shoot the red switch. Re-enter the dungeon.
- Jump down and open the chest for your 12th Stray Fairy.
- Go through the eastern door, down the hall, and down into the underwater area. There is a chest directly above the switch with the mines around it. Open it for your 13th Stray Fairy.
- Head west, down a tunnel, and let the Dexihand grab you. Shoot a Light Arrow a sun block and go into the small area it was blocking (you must be in Zora form to be tall enough to grab the ledge and climb up).
- Kill the Beamos and hit the crystal switch.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to the beginning of the temple.
- Go through the west door and do the blue switch puzzle you did earlier. Then go through the door that used to be locked (the east one).
- Shoot the sun block with a Light Arrow. Kill the Beamos and opent the chest for your 14th Stray Fairy.
- Follow the path you took to the Garo Master's room, then go south. Jump down and open the chest down here for you 15th and final Stray Fairy.
- Play the Song of Soaring and flip the temple upside down.
- Hookshot to the chest, go across the bridge that used to have the Eyegore, and go through the door.
- Hookshot up to the chest. Get to the Boss Door and open it. Fall through the portal-looking thing.
- Kill Twinmold and get Heart Container #4/4 and Twinmold's Remains.
- Go to the Fairy Fountain to get the Great Fairy's Sword.
- Jump down into the Ikana river. Swim upstream until you reach a waterfall. Go into an entrance behind it.
- Talk to the Poe Salesman. He will tell you about lingering spirits and stuff like that. This is the Secret Shrine, where you have to fight four minibosses you have faced before.
- Go left first. You will have to fight 3 Dinofols.
- Go through each door in clockwise order. The next room contains a Wizzrobe.
- The next one has Wart.
- The next one has the Garo Master.
- After you defeat the Garo Master, go back to the main area to see the Poe Salesman. A chest will appear with Piece of Heart #39/52.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to Milk Road.
- Go to Romani Ranch and then to the building next to where you got the Bunny Hood from Grog.
- Talk to Mamamu Yan and play her minigame. Put the Mask of Truth on and start picking up dogs. When a dog says something like "I feel unstoppable today!" (it may not be exactly that; just go until a dog says something encouraging), bet 80 rupees on it. If it gets first or second, you'll get Piece of Heart #40/52.
- Do whatever you missed.
- Wait until the Curiosity Shop open, then go in with 500 rupees and buy the All-Night Mask (Mask #20/24).
- Play the Song of Time.
If you did this correctly, you should now have:
- Mirror Shield
- Pieces of Heart #38-40/52
- Elegy of Emptiness
- Light Arrows
- Giant's Mask and All-Night Mask (Mask #19-20/24)
- Heart Container #4/4
- Twinmold's Remains
- Great Fairy's Sword
In this cycle, we will finally do the renowned Anju/Kafei sidequest, which is well-known for being the longest and most involved sidequest in the game.
- Go to East Clock Town and play Honey & Darling's minigame.
- If it is before 12:00 a.m. when you complete the minigame (it can be difficult and may take several tries), go to the Stock Pot Inn, then take the only door that is downstairs (if it is after 12:00, skip to the next step and do this one later). Put the All-Night Mask on and talk to Anju's Grandmother, telling her to tell you the Carnival of Time (2 hours). Afterward, answer her question correctly for Piece of Heart #41/52.
- Wait until the Postman delivers a letter to Anju, then talk to her with Kafei's Mask on.
- At 3:00 p.m., go to the Post Office with the Bunny Hood on. Play the Postman's minigame for Piece of Heart #42/52.
- At 11:30 p.m., meet Anju in the kitchen of the Stock Pot Inn.
- Put the letter in a postbox.
- Play Honey & Darling's minigame.
- At about 3:00 p.m., the Postman will go to the Laundry Pool and ring the bell. A guy with a mask on will come out and at about 4:00, he will go back through a door. This door is now unlocked. Go through and talk to him.
- Give the pendant to Anju.
- Get told the other story by Anju's Grandmother (with the All-Night Mask on, of course). Afterwards, answer "I dunno" for Piece of Heart #43/52.
- Play Honey & Darling's minigame for Piece of Heart #44/52.
- At 1:00, the place where you met Kafei will be unlocked. Inside, the Man from the Curiosity Shop will give you the Keaton Mask (Mask #21/24) and Letter to Mama.
- Go to North Clock Town and slash some grass with the Keaton Mask on. A Keaton will appear and ask you quiz-style questions. Answer them correctly for Piece of Heart #45/52.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to Ikana Canyon. Go to where the Deku is and walk past it. There should be some rubble. Go behind it to find Kafei.
- Play the Song of Double Time.
- Sakon shouldn't be able to see you behind the rubble, but you may want to wear the Stone Mask just in case. After he opens the rock wall, follow Kafei in.
- Go through the door. A cutscene will ensue. Step on the switch and you will gain control of Kafei.
- Push one of the blocks onto the switch.
- Go through the door and kill the Deku Baba.
- Run onto the blue switch.
- Kill the Deku Babas.
- Push the left block down, walk onto the yellow switch, push a block onto the red switch (the red switch is bad, but this is still the fastest way I can find), then push the middle block onto the blue switch.
- Kill the Wolfos.
- Push the right block down. Go through the door and step on a switch.
- Step on the switch. Kafei will get the Sun's Mask.
- Play the Song of Soaring and go to Clock Town.
- Go to the Milk Bar and give Madame Aroma the Letter to Mama (you must be wearing Kafei's Mask) for Bottle #6/6.
- Go to the Stock Pot Inn. Go up the stairs and take the door directly in front of you.
- When Kafei arrives, you will receive the Couple's Mask (Mask #22/24).
- Deposit any remaining rupees to the bank.
- Play the Song of Time.
If you did this correctly, you should now have the following:
- Pieces of Heart #41-45/52
- Keaton Mask and Couple's Mask (Masks #21-22/24)
- Bottle #6/6
In this cycle we'll be doing what I like to call the Anju/Kafei sidequest redux. Basically, we follow all the steps up to where the Man from the Curiosity Shop gives us the Letter to Mama, but then we give that to the Postman to deliver. This is also the absolute last cycle, actually.
- Go to Mayor Dotour's office and talk to him with the Couple's Mask on for Piece of Heart #46/52.
- Talk to Anju with Kafei's Mask on after the Postman delivers her letter.
- Talk to Anju in the kitchen.
- Talk to Kafei after the Postman delivers his letter.
- Go to the place where Kafei was and talk to the Man from the Curiosity Shop for the Letter to Mama.
- If you haven't already received Piece of Heart #47/52, gather however many rupees you need (hopefully you've been collecting rupees steadily and whatever left you need is a reasonable amount) and do so now.
- Optionally buy some Bomchus (if you're not very good at using them, you should buy some, since they won't ever appear in pots or anything and you'll need them later; the game only provides ten on its own).
- Go to the Post Office and give the Letter to Mama to the Postman. Follow him to the Milk Bar as he delivers it. Afterward, he will give you the Postman's Hat (Mask #23/24).
- Go to a postbox with the Postman's Hat on for Piece of Heart #48/52.
- Go to the top of the Clock Tower when it allows you and play the Oath to Order.
Inside the Moon
- Go to the tree and talk to the Lunar Child wearing Odolwa's Remains. Give him one of your masks.
- Fly across some Deku Flowers to Piece of Heart #49/52.
- Fly to a door. Open it and give the Lunar Child another mask.
- Talk to the Lunar Child wearing Goht's Remains. Give him two of your masks.
- Go into the center of the pots and start rolling in Goron form.
- After clearing the third chest, go past the magic pots and around a bend. Just keep going along this (rather windy) path until you rech Piece of Heart #50/52.
- Go along a narrow path until you reach a bridge on your left. Take it and go around a portal-looking thing. Right behind it, start rolling until you reach a ramp that will take you to the Lunar Child.
- Give the Lunar Child another two masks.
- Talk to the Lunar Child wearing Gyorg's Remains. Give him three of your masks.
- In Zora form, swim left, right, left, left for Piece of Heart #51/52. Swim into the tunnel here to restart.
- This time, go left, right, left, right and give the Lunar Child another three masks.
- Talk to the Lunar Child wearing Twinmold's Remains. Give him four of your masks.
- Go through the door and fight the Dinfols.
- Go through the next two doors and fight the Garo Master. Hookshot up to the chest and go through the next two doors.
- Fight the Iron Knuckle. Afterward, open a chest for some Bombchus.
- If you look to the right, you will see a cracked wall. You need to set a Bombchu, then shoot it with an arrow as it passes over the crack. Then shoot the eye that's behind it. Climb up the ladder that appears and go through the door.
- Pick up Piece of Heart #52/52. Then use a Bombchu on the crack on the ceiling. Then shoot the eye with a Fire Arrow. Go through the door.
- Give the Lunar Child your last four normal masks.
- Talk to the Lunar Child wearing Majora's Mask. He will give you he Fierce Deity's Mask (Mask #24/24).
- Defeat Majora.
- Watch the final cutscene.
- Endure the credits.
Is this really necessary? No, but I've been doing it all the other cycles, so why not?
If you did this correctly, you should now have:
- Pieces of Heart #46-52/52
- Postman's Hat and Fierce Deity's Mask (Masks #23-24/24)
- A completed, 100% file