- "You got an Odd Mushroom! A fresh mushroom like this is sure to spoil quickly! Take it to the Kakariko Potion Shop, quickly!"
- — In-game description
The Odd Mushroom is a quest item from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. A mysterious mushroom with magical properties, it is part of the quest for Biggoron's Sword. The Odd Mushroom is given to Link by Grog in the Lost Woods, after Link wakes him with the help of Cojiro. Grog asks Link to deliver the Odd Mushroom to Granny in the Potion Shop. However, it will spoil unless Link manages to deliver it within three minutes, or if Link uses a warp song in an attempt to cheat. If Link can successfully manage to deliver it, Granny will make Odd Potion from the Mushroom. The next time Link returns to the Potion Shop, Granny will have used the Mushroom to make Blue Potion. However if Link fails to deliver the Odd Mushroom he'll be forced to restart.
Food Grade Level
- Bronze Food - Odd Mushroom
- Silver Food - Tasty Odd Mushroom
- Gold Food - Delicious Odd Mushroom
- The Odd Mushroom may be a reference to a similar mushroom found in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past that had to be given to the magic shop owner, Syrup so Link could obtain Magic Powder. Both are even found in the Lost Woods.
- If cheats or glitches are used to get to Gerudo's Fortress while Link is a youth, a Treasure Chest that regularly holds a Piece of Heart holds an Odd Mushroom in its place. The Piece of Heart may instead be found in the area above the pit where Link is put if captured by the guards.