Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nintendo Company, Limited (任天堂株式会社 Nintendō kabushiki-gaisha?) is the company that publishes and owns the Legend of Zelda series, along with many other series. The Zelda series makes several references to other Nintendo games, especially the Super Mario Bros. series, Nintendo's most successful franchise.
Nintendo is a Japanese multinational corporation originally founded on September 23, 1889 in Kyoto, Japan by Fusajiro Yamauchi to produce handmade hanafuda cards. In the mid-twentieth century, the company tried several small niche businesses, such as a love hotel and a taxi company. Over the years, it became a video game company, growing into one of the most powerful in the industry.
Nintendo has created many gaming systems, most of which are listed below:
- Color TV Game (1977 – 1980)
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) (1983 – 1994)
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) (1990 – 1998)
- Nintendo 64 (N64) (1996 – 2002)
- Nintendo GameCube (NGC/GCN) (2001 – 2007)
- Wii (2006 – 2013)
- Wii U (2012 - Present)
- Game & Watch (1980 - 1991)
- Game Boy (GB) (1989 – 1998)
- Game Boy Color (GBC) (1998 - 2002)
- Game Boy Advance (GBA) (2001 - 2008)
- Nintendo DS (NDS) (2004 – 2013)
- Nintendo 3DS (2011 - Present)
- Wikipedia's Nintendo article
- Nintendo country selection
- Nintendo Japan
- Nintendo of America
- Nintendo of Canada
- Nintendo of Europe
- Nintendo Australia and New Zealand
- Nintendo of Korea
- Nintendo Phuten (Taiwan)
- Nintendo Hong Kong
- iQue (kind of like "Nintendo (of) China")
- The Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)