- "A spirit of ice taken the form of this giant dragon. Making its home in the Lanayru region, it's said to have served the Spring of Wisdom since ancient times. An old saying goes, "The dragon ascends to the heavens as the sun begins to set," but nobody has seen this in the current age. The ice that coats it body makes it dangerous to get near, but Naydra bears no ill will toward people."
- — In-game description
Naydra is a character from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It is one of the three spirit dragons of Hyrule .It is first seen atop Mount Lanayru suffering due to corruption by the Malice of Calamity Ganon. Link must purge the dark corruption and save the dragon in order to get Naydra's Scale and complete a shrine quest.
Once awakened by Link's approach to its shrine, Naydra will take flight and circle around the mountain. Using his bow, Link must shoot the Malice growths on the dragon's body when their massive eyes open; the ones on Naydra's back may require him to use an updraft and his paraglider to get the proper vantage point. Link can also slow time by taking out his bow while paragliding and get a clear shot at an eye, but this will consume stamina extremely quickly. Link can easily avoid getting hit, but he will lose a quarter of a heart if hit.
When hit, Naydra drops one of several items (seen below) which have many uses in cooking, armor upgrades, and money-making. Along with the other two dragons, it cannot be killed and can only drop one item a day. Naydra will usually show up in the morning and circle the mountain. It occasionally travels through the Lanayru Promenade and Lanayru Bay.
- Naydra's Scale, by hitting it within an arrow on almost every part of its body.
- Naydra's Claw, by hitting its paw.
- Shard of Naydra's Horn, by hitting its horn.
- Shard of Naydra's Fang, by hitting its mouth.