Guardian in general may refer to dungeon boss guardians in many of the Zelda games (but it can also refer to Guardian Dieties and Guardian Spirits, sometimes they are both gods and bosses of dungeons). In some instances "Guardian" also appears to be synonymous with "Sages".
Bosses and enemies
- Guardians, dungeon guardians of the Underworld Mazes in The Legend of Zelda.
- Guardians from the Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (guardian dieties/bosses).
- Guardians from the The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- Guardians from the The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
- Guardians from the The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Guardians from the The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (may refer to 'guardian spirits' the Four Giants, or the guardians of the dungeons, both mini-bosses and the main bosses).
- Guardians, from the The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (may refer to guardian spirits/dieties, or the bosses of dungeons)
- Guardians, from the The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (mini-bosses guarding a chest with important treasure)
- Guardians from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (automatons: enemies & mini-bosses).
- Phantom Guardians, guardians of the Temple of the Ocean King and the Tower of Spirits.
Guardians (Skyward Sword)
Guardian can refer to the bosses of the various dungeons, as well as the of the Silent Realm (guardians of the goddess), and several other things as well including the Sheikah.
- Guardians from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (guardians of the goddess, often found in Silent Realm)
- Eye Guardians, another form of guardian in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
- Koloktos (The Golden Guardian)
- "Koloktos: A guardian who protects the Ancient Cistern. While he appears to be an incredible marvel of ancient art, inside he brims with dark energy which brings him to life."
- — Hyrule Historia
- Armos (Hopping Guardians) in Skyward Sword)
- Beamos, another form of automaton Guardian in Skyward Sword.
- Three Dragons (see below)
- Impa (The Guardian, Guardian of the goddess)
- Sheikah (Goddess' Chosen Guardians, see below)
- Skylofts (guardian birds, see below)
- Hylia ("Guardian Goddess")
- Great Deku Tree (guardian diety of forest/forest guardian/guardian spirit of the forest)
- Deku Tree (guardian spirit of Forest Haven and earth spirit)
- Jabu-Jabu (guardian diety of water/guardian god)
- Maku Tree (guardians of Laybrynna &
of Nayru, Oracle
of Ages and guardians of Holodrum & guardian of Din, the Oracle of Seasons)
- Guardian dieties of the Six Palaces and the Great Palace (see above)
- Legendary Giants (Four Giants/Guardians) (see above)
- Sols (Guardian diety/dieties of the Twilight Realm) (names unknown, connected to the Sols and possibly the Golden Goddesses).
- Jabun (guardian spirit)
- Valoo (guardian spirit/guardian diety)
- Volvagia (guardian spirit)
- Guardians of the Sacred Grove ("We are guardians of this land...)
- The Owl (part of the Wind Fish's spirit, sometimes referred to as Kaepora Gaebora, 'guardian of the Wind Fish's dream world')
- Light Spirits (Eldin, Faron, Lanayru, Ordona)
- Three Dragons (Faron (Skyward Sword), the Water Dragon (Guardian of Lake Floria, Eldin, Fire Dragon, and Lanayru, Lighting Dragon)
- Great Fairy of Forest (Guardian of the Sea of Trees)
- Great Fairy of Ice (Guardian of the Talus Cave)
- Great Fairy of Flame (Guardian of Death Mountain)
- Rael (Guardian of the Sand Realm)
- Embrose (Guardian of the Fire Realm)
- Gage (Guardian of the Forest Realm)
- Steem (Guardian of the Snow Realm)
- Carben (Guardian of the Ocean Realm)
- Rauru (guardian of the power of the gods).
Lesser uses of "Guardian" might refer to;
- Guardian fairies
- Impa (Guardian of Zelda, the Guardian, guardian of the goddess, and a guardian of the Triforce)
- Link (Guardian of the Triforce)
- Zelda (Guardian of the Triforce)
- Sheikah (Guardians of the Royal Family/Goddess' Chosen Guardians)
- Loftwings ("guardian birds").
- Zoras (Guardians of the Water Temple)
- Gorons (guardians of Death Mountain)
- "Guardian" a rank/title/achievement earnable in Phantom Hourglass multiplayer.
- Knights of Hyrule (guardians of the Pendant Of Courage/guardian knights)
- Guardian Acorn
- Guardian Potion/Guardian Potion+
- Ganondorf (guardian of the Gerudo)
- "We named the protagonist Link because he connects people together. He was supposed to spread the scattered energy of the world through the ages. The old female storyteller who feeds information to Zelda is named Impa; her name comes from the word impart. Impa, Link, and Zelda were the guardians of the Triforce. Today, when you think of characters who are connected to the Triforce, you think of Link, Zelda, and Ganon, but that started in Ocarina of Time. Originally Ganon was only a villain in relentless pursuit of the Triforce."
- — Shigeru Miyamoto, Hyrule Historia
Non-canonThe Guardian, a creature who represents the River Devil/Monster from Zelda II.
- ^ Skyward Sword guide
- ^ Skyward Sword guide
- ^ Hyrule Historia
- ^ Amazing… The power of the Sols has been transferred to your sword… The guardian deities of my world are on our side, too! You really are the chosen one, Link… A true hero! As long as you have that sword, you should be able to repel the shadows Zant has spread!”-Midna
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|