- I would have to agree that a standard is needed. The inconsistency among the game articles has always been perplexing. I feel that a lot of the game pages go into to much detail. I agree that the A Link to the Past article has a good overall format and I think The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is also another article that isn't so bad. I'll have to do a little more consideration on what type of sections I feel are the most important but they will pry be based off of the two articles mentioned --Birdman5589 (talk) 14:16, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
After thinking about this some more I have made a list of what sections I believe should be on the game pages.
- Plot: Subsections can be used to organize this section but I see no real need for more than 5 subsections for any game.
- Image Gallery
- Video Gallery
- See also: This should include links to pages like the Prologue, Secrets, and Glitches pages. I don't think links to the Character page for the game or the Items page is necessary since those can be reached in the nav box.
- External Links: I think some pages have too many links here. Unless a link is cited in the article, I think this should only include links to official pages for the particular game. But again if they were cited then there would be a Reference section for those links.
- Specialty heading: Some games might require a special heading. For example, Link's Awakening has a Cameos heading and I think it is appropriate to have. I feel that we can leave room for a specialty heading depending out the game.
I have also considered having a small section about the music in the game that would link to the actual soundtrack page. I've decided against it and feel that the game's soundtrack page could be linked in the see also section. Those are my thoughts. Discuss. --Birdman5589 (talk) 02:24, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm in agreement with Birdie here but I do think that a music section is a good idea, whether under Development like it is in the ALttP article or otherwise. Specialty headings are needed in some cases as are comics headings and I'm assuming manga would count as that. See also linking to prologue, secrets, and glitches sounds good to me as well. I have noticed that these pages are inconsistent but actually never gave it too much of a thought, so there you go, I guess. -Minish Link 03:24, October 3, 2011 (UTC)