This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Final Boss (Kokiri Sword and Mirror Shield Only)
March 10, 2012
Now with him doing less throwing combo taking off 5 of my hearts before I could even get a chance to take a single action and him not nearly throwing me outside of the battle arena while still being able to grab me through walls!
Oh, and I have the Kokiri Sword this time, not the Gilded sword.
It -looks- like the Gilded sword but it's still the Kokiri sword, as you can see in my B-button. You can tell by the fact my spin slash radius is only half of that from the Gilded sword would normally have.
Also, on the topic of spin slashes. Since I was on the keyboard, no instant spin slashes for me. I had to charge them up the old fashion way. You try "rotating" the joystick on a keyboard. It's a vent for frustration I tell you.
Tips for fighting the boss this way:
1. Spin slashing is practically the ONLY way to attack underneath him. You can hit him while he's spinning at you with an overhead slash, but the timing is ridiculously hard to get right. Spin slashing assures a hit.
2. Take out the boss masks first when he stops shooting lasers before even attempting to damage him. This will be your only opportunity to take them out without any other weapons. You can't otherwise unless you're very lucky that they float right next to you.
3. When taking out the lasers, position yourself to always face Majora. You will find Tatl doesn't like to let go of your targeting so you will not be able to turn around freely at all.
4. Unlike what I could do, for Majora's Incarnation, always position yourself on those flower-like-patterns in the corners (They are actually Deku Flowers that you can bury in to). They are all on any of the paths Majora takes. Sooner or later, he will walk near you. Until then, you can just hold up your shield, and rotate the analog stick to catch him easily when he comes near you. The flowers are ideal positioning to just the edges because he tends to turn around on them, or take turns, meaning he's near you longer whether he tries to evade you or tries to run past.
6. For Majora's Wrath, he will always retreat from you if you get to close, or try to kick you away. Bait him into attacking by standing close, but not too close to where you provoke him.
7. Majora's Wrath will almost always dodge any frontal attack thrown at him. He is huge, and you are small. Use size to your advantage, and roll under his attacks to get behind his blind spot. He cannot dodge your attacks from behind.
8. The chances are small, but sometimes Majora will hit through your block. I've never been hit while using side humps and back flips while holding the shield to block the attack. Also if you need to back off, blocking attacks while mid-air will push you back further and is good for distance gaining.
9. To avoid his grab, which you CANNOT stop, stand either far away, or very close. Preferably close. Use your rolls to gain distance quickly, and target and block to defend yourself when his attacks come. You will be seeing me doing this a lot.
10. Majora makes himself most vulnerable when down to 1/3rd of his health, for that's when his 'Sharp-eyed tops' come into play. These take him a long time to deploy, and if you're close enough but far away enough to not provoke him, you can easily roll in, and get a series of hits off on him before he can do another move to get away.
11. When the tops are in play, keep moving. Circle around him if you must. Those tops WILL home in on you from behind.
12. If there are too many tops and they are pressuring you, stay close to Majora to the point he will either keep trying to kick you away, or he will keep trying to spin away from you. If you keep the pressure on him, he will not be able to release any more sharp-eyed tops while distracted.
13. When Sharp-eyed tops are about to explode, Majora will leap away from them because they can damage them too. You can predict when he is going to move because of this sometimes. However, sometimes the AI screws up as he is only worried about a top that is exploding where he is; I have had him kill himself with his own top before because it exploded on him, and then another one nearby exploded right afterwards. That was awesome, by the way.
14. When Majora is taunting you, it's almost for him begging to be hit. You can freely walk straight up to him, get close, and he will not counter attack you. Make sure you try to hit him from behind though because he will leap away from a sideways/frontal assault. Once again, you can roll under his legs for the best chance of hitting him.
15. When you get hit whilst rolling, you prevent any damage despite you still being hit. However, you are still vulnerable to any other attacks Majora can throw at you while you are down. This includes attacks that throw multiple strikes. Majora cannot hit you with his kick or tops -at all- whilst rolling. You just get pushed.