- The Era of the World's Creation
- The Era of the Goddess Hylia (Thousands of Years Ago before Sky Era)
- The Sky Era
- The Era of Chaos (Many Years Later)
- The Era of Prosperity
- The Force Era (Many Years Later)
- The Era of the Hero of Time (Child Era/Adult era)
The Hero is Defeated
- The Era of Light and Dark
- The Golden Era
- The Era of Decline
The Hero is Successful
Sacred Realm protected
- Child Era
- The Twilight Era
- The Shadow Era
- Adult Era
- The Era without a Hero
- The Era of the Great Sea
- The Era of the Great Voyage
- The Era of Hyrule's Rebirth
Ages, Periods, and other Eras (associated with The Hero of Time's Defeat)
- First Generation
- As in First Generation Zelda (Princess Zelda I according to Hyrule Historia) only mentioned in the Japanese manual for Legend of Zelda. The original Zelda put under a magical sleep. Note: This plot line seems to be all but ignored in most sources (with exception of Hyrule Historia)... With contemporary Zelda of the "Hero of Hyrule" era being the one cursed instead. However, it is more clear in the Japanese release of the game that it is "Another Zelda".
- Said to be a 'period' in the LTTP English manuals.
- Golden Age (under Agahanim before his betrayal)
- Golden Age (under the Great King of Hyrule)
- Age of Chaos (Mentioned in Classic Legend of Zelda)
- New Golden Age (after LOZ1)
- As mentioned in LTTP and OOT strategy guides, six years between the Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, but quickly turned into an era of 'ruin' when Princess was cursed with sleep, while the rebuilding is mentioned in a number of sources including Hyrule Historia, this 'retelling' ignores certain details from the original Zelda II manual. Note: The manual doesn't even align with the in game prologue story text as well due to poor localization, which also suggests it was the Zelda from LOZ1 that was cursed with the sleep spell.
- Labrynna Present (Oracle of Ages)
- Labrynna Past (Oracle of Ages)
- Age of Darkness
- A possible future along the Era of Decline (may have been an age full of peace and the light of prosperity, or lead into Age of Darkness).
Breath of the WildVarious eras are mentioned throughout the game. Including references to Decline Era (Ancient Hero Era), Great Sea/Ancient Sea Era, Twilight Era, Sky Era, Era of the Hero of Time, etc. There are at three ages mentioned that pertain to the main story these include the present, 100 years before, and 10,000 years before. There are also a number of minor eras mentioned that add mystery and flavor to the world. These include lost battles, and other events that occurred at other points in the timeline perhaps before 10,000 years ago, or after. *Ice Age
Hyrule Warriors discusses some related concepts of Eras, and what it calls "Lands" (in the "Rifts Between the Eras"). A number of details in Hyrule Warriors/Legends indicates that its set some after after the Era of Twilight along the Child Era timeline with elements pulled in from the other two timelines (similar to Breath of the Wild but in a more direct fashion, and clear indication they are parallel dimensions).
- Present Era
- Lands of Myth (era of the Hero of Time)
- Land in the Sky (Sky Era)
- Land of Twilight (Era of Twilight)
- (Era of Great Sea/alternate dimension)
- ^ http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/text/z2translation/z2_manual_story.html
- ^ SEVERAL YEARS AFTER GANNON WAS DESTROYED,LINK LEARNS FROM IMPA ABOUT THE ANOTH- ER SLEEPING PRINCESS ZELDA. HE IS TOLD SHE CAN ONLY AWAKEN WITH THE NO.3 TRY- FORCE SEALED IN THE GREAT SANCTUARY AT DISVALLEY. TO REMOVE THE SEAL, CRYSTALS MUST BE EMBEDDED INTO A STONE STATUE STANDING IN 6 SANCTUARIS. LINK SETS OUT ON AN ADVENTUROUS QUEST.... ©1987 NINTENDO
- ^ AFTER GANON WAS DESTROYED, IMPA TOLD LINK A SLEEPING SPELL WAS CAST ON PRINCESS ZELDA. SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO.3 TRIFORCE SEALED IN A PALACE IN HYRULE. TO BREAK THE SEAL, CRYSTALS MUST PLACED IN STATUES IN 6 WELL GUARDED PALACES. LINK SET OUT ON HIS MOST ADVENTURESOME QUEST YET..
- ^ Hyrule Historia
- ^ Leading a small force of Hyrulean soldiers, Impa stepped into one of the newly opened portals. The kingdom spread out before her seemed like the Hyrule she knew, yet it was somehow very different. Before long, she realized that they had traveled back to the era of the mythical Hero of Time. Awed, Impa began her search for the Gate of Souls. She sensed an evil presence on Death Mountain and set out for the ominous peak. And with her came the mysterious Sheik..." — Narrator
- ^ A new world appeared--a world of a different dimension...He entered the strange new world. It was a vast, mysterious dimension with an unfamiliar landscape.-Narrator Hyrule Warrior Legends"