- "A spirit of fire has taken the form of this giant dragon. Making its home in the Eldin region, it's said to have served the Spring of Power since ancient times. An old saying goes, "The dragon ascends to the heavens as the sun begins to set," but nobody has witnessed this in the current age. The flames that coat its body make it dangerous to get near, but Dinraal bears no ill will toward people."
- — Hyrule Compendium
Dinraal is an neutral enemy and a character from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It is one of three dragon enemies involved in the Shrines of Power, Wisdom, and Courage trials. Dinraal is involved in the quest for the Shrine of Power. The objective is shoot an arrow into its body to obtain Dinraal's Scale. Dinraal may be found flying in the Eldin Mountains or Tabantha Frontier regions in the morning, in particular near Eldin Great Skeleton. Dinraal's body is naturally coated by fire which it emits from its body involuntary (though this is only visible when Link gets close). Though Link can be damaged by these flames as well as direct contact with Dinraal's body, though Dinraal itself bares no ill will towards people or Link himself. Link can protect himself from Dinraal's flames by wearing the "Flamebreaker" armor set upgraded to Level 2 or higher which grants the "Fireproof" set bonus which makes Link immune to fire damage (despite their name, Fireproof Elixirs only grant Flame Guard which only protects Link from volcanic heat and does not actually make Link immune to fire damage) however Link must still avoid direct contact with Dinraal's body as it will still damage him.
Like Farosh and Naydra, it produces Updrafts as it flies which allow Link to Paraglide which makes it easier to shoot at it with an arrow. However if it is flying close enough and Link's bow has enough range, Link can shoot it while standing, as shooting it in the air only makes it easier as Link can slow down time when he draws his bow in the air. Link can also jump from certain places as it flies by and fire an arrow as well. Once hit with an arrow, the spot where the air hit will glow before flying off as one of Dinraal's Dragon Parts. The Dragon Part itself will glow making it easier for Link to track where it flies and lands.
Dinraal is also known as both the Red Spirit and Spirit of Fire.
- Dinraal's Scale, by hitting it with an arrow of any kind on almost every part of its main body with the exception of its paws, horns, and mouth.
- Dinraal's Claw, by hitting its paws with an arrow of any kind.
- Shard of Dinraal's Horn, by hitting its horns with an arrow of any kind.
- Shard of Dinraal's Fang, by hitting its mouth with an arrow of any kind.